The developer for Worten BI Engineering Team supports the efforts of the Business Intelligence product team to develop and maintain data architectures to support deployment of analysis and reporting tools for Business Intelligence.
In this role, you will be part of large development team designing and building systems across a diverse technology stacks.
- Drive, design and develop data processing pipelines, applications and tools, which promote product stability, reliability and maintainability
- Design and build data structures on platforms like Exadata or Hadoop, to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability
- Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Spark, Hive, Impala, Kafka
- Lead innovative efforts in processing data accurately, at scale
- Build, deploy and support production services in distributed environments
- Mentor other developers, define standards, best practices and help drive adoption
- Benchmark application performance and continue to tune and scale to accommodate growth
- Help craft the User-Authored Analysis reporting strategy and infrastructure
- Engage the user community to share knowledge and encourage adoption of new technology.
- University education based in Computer Science, Management or relevant fields;
- Previous experience in similar roles (≥3 years);
- Strong experience in BI reporting software is highly valued, specially with Microstrategy;
- Programming experience with Spark, Hive, Impala, and/or Kafka;
- Experience with databases like Exadata and Hadoop;
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines; designing & building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data;
- Experience in managing and processing large data sets distributed on multi-server, distributed systems from inception to execution;
- Scrum agile delivery methodologies experience is highly valued;
- Experience in Business Intelligence within Retail industry is also valued;
- Team-Player, with excelent problem-solving skills, and able to understand complex information;
- Strong communication skills, able to build relationships easily and influence other stakeholders positvely;
- Fluent English.
If this sounds interesting and like a challenge to you, send us your CV!